|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||9/14/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,000.00 - $45,00.00 annually plus benefits|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY: **Review of documents will begin immediately** Ad Sales Representative II (6705) Description: Examples of Work Performed: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Education and Experience:
Submit a Resume, Cover Letter to:
ATTN: Carlene Smith
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
**Pursuant to 21 O.S. – 481, Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department (OTRD) avoids hiring relatives of individuals already employed by OTRD. The OTRD Nepotism Policy (P121) is strictly enforced, therefore, managers are strongly discouraged from hiring immediate family members. Please indicate on your application or cover letter if you have any relatives or friends that are employed at OTRD.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
• Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
• OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Responsible for growing advertising revenues across all departments; including, but not limited to, print, digital and broadcast. AE will grow and maintain client relationships and be the primary liaison between advertisers and Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department. This will include working with production departments to produce ads and/or campaigns that best serve each client’s goals while maintaining a high degree of content integrity. Develop collaborative environment with all agency departments and divisions.
Duties may include but not be limited to:
• Service existing accounts, obtains orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers.
• Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
• Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
• Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
• Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Ability to build strong internal and external relationships. Enjoys finding new ways to solve problems and explore new opportunities. Be able to function as a member of a high performance team. Knowledge of relevant computer applications. Skilled in customer service and basic business principles. Ability to make sales presentations and achieve sales targets.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience and education or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience for each year of the required degree.
**Review of documents will begin immediately**
Ad Sales Representative II (6705)
Examples of Work Performed:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.