|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||9/12/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $42,733 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time Workstation Support Specialist. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to perform work at the full performance level to configure, install and maintain workstation hardware, operating systems, and standard application software. This position requires an individual knowledgeable in information security; networking technology standards; and peripheral devices such as printers and mobile devices.
• Configure, install, and maintain workstations and laptops in a networked environment.
• Identify network, hardware, and software problems utilizing diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
• Install, configure, apply patches, and update operating systems and workstation applications.
• Provide end user support. Resolve issues pertaining to workstation operation in a networked environment.
• Assist in the administration and maintenance of antivirus and other specialized software.
• Assist in maintaining hardware and software inventories.
• Ensure all scheduled support activities and project deadlines are met while maintaining a high level of user satisfaction and confidence.
•Other duties assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Lifting above the head is occasionally required. This position may require travel up to 50 percent of the work week.
Requirements include 12 college credit hours in computer science, electronics, mathematics, or a related field or IT-related certification, or six months of IT experience.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.