Natural Falls State Park in Colcord, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||9/10/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24,570.0 annually plus benefits|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY: This position is located at Natural Falls State Park in Colcord, OK. **Review of documents will begin immediately** EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (5529) DEFINITION: EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: SPECIAL REQUIEMENTS:
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter* during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: Carlene Smith
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
*Cover Letter must include an accurate address and telephone number, as well as the title of the position for which you are applying.
**Pursuant to 21 O.S. – 481, Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department (OTRD) avoids hiring relatives of individuals already employed by OTRD. The OTRD Nepotism Policy (P121) is strictly enforced, therefore, managers are strongly discouraged from hiring immediate family.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
• Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
• Cover letter and resume must be postmarked by closing date on the job announcement.
• OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Under immediate supervision, performs work of a semiskilled to skilled nature in the operation of trucks and light equipment.
These positions perform routine work ranging from semiskilled to skilled in operation of a variety of equipment such as trucks, buses, tractors, forklifts, mowers and edgers and other light equipment. They may also provide functional supervision to laborers performing routine work. This class differs from a Senior Equipment Operator in that only a limited amount of experience or training is required in order to operate the equipment safely and efficiently.
• Drives trucks and buses to transport materials, trash, merchandise, equipment and/or employees; may load and unload truck assisted by others; makes minor mechanical repairs and keeps the truck clean and in good working order; lubricates the moving parts or wearing surfaces of mechanical equipment.
• Drives a wheeled tractor, pulling rollers or sweeper brooms; drives tractor power mowers; operates an asphalt kettle up to 600 gallon capacity; operates compressor equipment driving jackhammers; operates tail grader; operates batch plant; operates mudjack; operates pneumatic demolition hammer.
• Acts as relief operator on loaders.
• Maintains records of pickups and deliveries.
• Operates a fork lift when receiving, shipping or moving merchandise.
• Supervises a small group of laborers performing a task of very routine nature.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
• Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of light power equipment.
• Skill in operating equipment; and in following oral and written instructions.
Six (6) months of experience in the operation of trucks and light equipment; OR
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
Some positions may require possession of a valid Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s License, Class A or B with appropriate endorsements referenced in United State Department of Transportation Title 47, Chapter 6, Section 101 et seq., at the time of appointment.
Some positions may require applicants to take and pass a drug test prior to appointment. These tests will be administered through the appointing agency. This requirement is referenced in 49 Code of Federal Regulation, parts 40 and 382.
This position is located at Natural Falls State Park in Colcord, OK.
**Review of documents will begin immediately**
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (5529)
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.