|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/7/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$2,031.25 - $2,132.81 biweekly|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Registered Nurse III
Working Title: Registered Nurse III
Location: Garfield County Health Department
PIN #: 34000592
Salary: $2,031.25 - $2,132.81
The position is assigned is responsible for providing direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide case management to all Tuberculosis (TB) clients.
• Monitor the health status of active, suspect or latent TB infected patients.
• Conduct environmental assessments to identify additional patients at risk for TB.
• Provide client referrals for healthcare follow-up as needed.
• Monitor clients for drug interaction with TB medication regiments.
• Complete case investigations in patient’s home and community.
• Complete screening for signs and symptoms of TB disease and skin test targeted populations.
• Coordinate clinic schedule according to availability of staff.
• Ensure that all staff receive required and appropriate training.
• Update resource manuals as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requirements include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; health promotion and disease prevention; nursing management; available health care resources; nutrition and diet therapy; the functions of various clinical departments; availability of health programs and resources; federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; accreditation, certification and licensure standards; preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards; and of nursing policies and procedures.
Ability is required to perform assessments and nursing functions; provide education and training; assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; take appropriate intervention; counsel and teach patients and families; provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care and to develop, plan, and implement an effective nursing care program and provide education and training.
Education and Work Experience:
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse and two years of professional nursing experience.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.