|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/7/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$1,476.95 – $1,550.08 biweekly|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Program Grant Consultant
Working Title: Disease Intervention Specialist I
Location: HIV/STD Services
PIN #: 34000242
Salary: $1,476.95 – $1,550.80
This position will intervene in the spread of HIV and syphilis by locating and interviewing patients and their sexual partners to gather information on infections or exposures to HIV and STDs.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Recommend testing or screening and refer positive patients for treatment/
• Consult with private and public providers to obtain information on treated cases.
• Perform diagnostic and treatment techniques.
• Obtain permission to apply epidemiological process to private patients.
• Assist in statewide screening programs on STDs and HIV to ensure timely reporting of positive findings
• Provide medical consultation services to clinics, county health departments, prisons and jails and Indian Health Services (IHS) on STDs and HIV.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requirements include knowledge of various types of communicable diseases; of state and federal laws concerning the treatment and reporting of various types of infections or exposure to various diseases; of medical and epidemiological aspects of diseases; of laboratory procedures used in the diagnosis of disease or infections; and of the principles of interviewing and training. Ability is required to work with groups and individuals; to provide information concerning communicable diseases; and to interview and gather information.
Education and Work Experience:
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a biological science, health science, social science, or a closely related field or four years of experience in performing duties such as public health inspections and investigations, preventive health programs, or as a public health nurse or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.