|Department||Department of Public Safety|
|Date Opened||8/10/2018 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/17/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is with the Communication and Electronic Services Division in OKC, OK.
All interagency hires will be reinstated and be required to serve a twelve month probationary period.
All selected applicants shall be required to complete a successful background check and fingerprinting.
• Provides technical expertise in the design, implementation and maintenance of database management systems that support radio communications operation and related applications.
• Must be comfortable creating tables, views, stored procedures and database schemas in Microsoft SQL Server.
• Performs scheduled maintenance and backup procedures on Microsoft SQL Servers to ensure 100% uptime.
• Creates informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, Power BI etc.
• Must be comfortable fetching and pushing data from disparate data sources and writing scripts for automating various tasks.
• Should be able to construct workflow charts and diagrams using Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint etc.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the design, development, administration and maintenance of various telecommunications and computer networks and operating systems and related services such as equipment installation, coordination of services, and billing and budgeting requirements.
This job family consists of four levels which are distinguished by the complexity of the work assigned, the experience required to perform assigned duties, and the responsibility for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level of this job family where employees perform entry level work in a training status to build their skills in installing and maintaining computer networks, data processing systems and various communications devices and components and the analysis of network performance, deviations from standards and the resolution of various problems and malfunctions.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of two years of experience in telecommunications or computer installation, maintenance, repair or operations or eighteen semester hours of college in Computer Science or Management Information Systems course work or completion of a technical school or vendor training in telecommunications maintenance, computer operations, electronics or a closely related field, or certification as a network administrator or network engineer.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on a supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.