|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||8/8/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
COORDINATOR I - PURCHASING
Office of Operational Support, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City
Under general supervision of the Director of Operational Support, complete acquisitions in accordance with state laws and regulations of the State Board of Education. This position is responsible for purchasing a variety of materials, furniture, equipment, supplies and services of a specific type for the State Department of Education.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university and experience as a purchasing agent or assistant buyer; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one (1) additional year of qualifying experience for each year of the required college education, with a maximum substitution of four (4) years;
• Proof of high school graduation or GED required [official transcript(s) required];
• An Oklahoma Certified Procurement Officer (CPO) certification is required.
• Considerable knowledge of the factors involved in writing specifications; of state purchasing laws and regulations; of governmental purchasing methods and procedures; pricing methods and market resources; statewide P-card program;
• General knowledge of business relations, basic accounting principles and office procedures and practices;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department employees, vendors and others;
• Ability to evaluate bids and award contracts/purchase orders;
• Ability to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely; to conduct several projects simultaneously;
• Demonstrate a commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient procurement services through the performance of the prescribed job duties.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Process and complete requisitions for purchase of products and/or services in accordance with specified rules, regulations, statutes and federal guidance; including p-card (credit card) acquisitions;
• Insure all appropriate documentation has been completed prior to and upon completion of an acquisition; Responsible for submission of paperwork for the disposition of purchasing requisitions to be archived;
• Study catalogues, trade publications and purchasing manuals and obtain current information from suppliers to keep abreast of the commodities to be purchased and the available sources of supply; evaluate the relative quality of items or services to be purchased to insure compliance with specifications and/or purchase requirements;
• Responsible for proper specifications and documents; determine commonly used items needed for annual contracts; issue pertinent purchasing reports;
• Maintain acquisition files on all purchases and contracts completed by the agency;
• Responsible for working change orders;
• Handle problems with vendors that occur in relation to incorrect pricing, delivery, performance, product quality, etc.;
• Complete open market acquisitions not exceeding $5,000;
• Responsible for the purchase of products and/or services ranging from $5,000 to $50,000,
• Responsible for preparing solicitations exceeding $50,000 requiring thorough documentation, research and evaluation prior to completing the acquisition;
• Complete acquisitions on statewide contracts.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE:$42,000
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.