|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||2/15/2018 8:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Director of Fine Arts
Office of Curriculum & Instruction, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City
Provide leadership and input regarding the long-range implementation of fine arts in the curriculum based on the Oklahoma Academic Fine Arts Standards. Provide technical assistance - service, leadership, regulatory- to requesting districts and sites through telephone contacts, written correspondence, site visits, professional development opportunities, mail outs, and other means. Collaborate with other directors in the Office of Curriculum and Instruction to coordinate statewide initiatives.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree [official transcript(s) required] or National Board Certification;
• Possession of a valid teaching certificate in Fine Arts; and
• Experience teaching or coordinating the instruction of Fine Arts.
• Considerable knowledge of the modern principles, practices and policies in the field of fine arts concepts and trends in fine arts education and an understanding of the principles of leadership and supervision;
• Expertise knowledge in Oklahoma’s Fine Arts standards and their relationship to research- and national-recommendations;
• Ability to effectively supervise the activities of others with tact and discipline;
• Knowledge of federal and state school laws; budgeting methods and procedures;
• Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions; to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely; to establish effective working relations with other employees and the public;
• Commitment to providing courteous, efficient service through the performance of assigned job duties;
• Knowledge of technology and the ability to use it to maximize efficiency and services;
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Plan and facilitate face-to-face teacher training sessions which assist in the implementation of Oklahoma Academic Fine Arts Standards;
• Provide professional development workshops and other professional development opportunities for Oklahoma educators in the fine arts;
• Work with fine arts associations within the state to be aware of their initiatives and to provide support and publicity where feasible;
• Work with the Oklahoma Alliance for Arts Education to co-facilitate the details and ceremony for the annual State Superintendent's Awards for Art Excellence;
• Attend and/or present sessions at state, regional, and/or national fine arts conferences and workshops such as the Oklahoma Art Education Association (OAEA), the Oklahoma Museum's Association (OMA), Oklahoma Music Educators Association (OMEA), and the National Council of State Supervisors for Fine Arts (SEADAE), etc.;
• Collaborate as appropriate with other SEA divisions, the private sector, LEAs, other state agencies, and related organizations in order to stay abreast of current trends and issues;
• Continue collaborations with teacher colleges and other organizations responsible for training teachers to teach in public schools, especially with regard to Oklahoma fine arts standards;
• Serve as a State Department of Education (SDE) contact/resource person for Creative Oklahoma Inc., Oklahoma A+Schools, Oklahoma Arts Institute, and the Oklahoma Arts Council;
• Design and prepare training materials in collaboration with other content specialists;
• Maintain the SDE's Fine Arts Website and post resources and announcements to the Fine Arts Listserv;
• Organize Fine Arts standards review and revisions, coordinated with textbook subject cycle every 6 years;
• Support the activities of the State Board of Education by analyzing, synthesizing and summarizing information on fine arts as requested and prepare draft responses for presentation to the State Board of Education;
• Coordinate Fine Arts Advisory Group.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|