|Date Opened||8/14/2013 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at Thunderbird Youth Academy in Pryor, OK.
Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel
Position: Team Leader, Thunderbird Youth Academy
Number of Vacancies: 1
Monitor and supervise 35 to 45 youth (ages 16 to 18) in the Oklahoma Youth ChalleNGe Program (Thunderbird Youth Academy).
• Under administrative supervision monitors and supervises 35 to 45 youth (ages 16 to 18) in the Oklahoma Youth ChalleNGe Program (Thunderbird Youth Academy)
• Maintains accountability of assigned platoon at all times
• Maintains discipline, security, and safety within a quasi-military atmosphere
• Develops a team-oriented attitude in the Cadets
• Mentor/role model for those assigned cadets during the residential phase of the program
• Conducts first line counseling and problem solving for those assigned cadets and is the primary instructor in Drill and Ceremony and group living skills
• Directs and participates in cadet physical training
• Maintains supporting documentation and evaluations for those assigned cadets
• Performs additional tasks as required/assigned
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Military background preferred, but no necessary
Education and Experience: High School diploma or GED. Degree not required
Licenses/Certificates required: Possession of or ability to obtain a CDL within 90 days of employment
Benefits: This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee. The employee receives a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
• Requires long periods of standing and walking indoors and outdoors throughout the day
• Working in conditions of both high and low temperatures
• Ability to climb stairs
• Ability to run a mile and walk extended distances
• Ability to do pushups, side straddle hops, sit ups and other physical training and fitness activities
• Ability to teach and perform physical training to cadets as outlined by the Presidents Challenge for Physical Fitness
• Ability to drive or ride in a vehicle for extended distances
Conditions of Employment:
*Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
*Contingent on a favorable background check
*Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
*Contingent on a favorable pre-employment physical
*CNACI (child care check) security clearance?must be a US citizen
*Employee will be considered essential personnel (required to work during inclement weather)
*Available to work if called in due to an emergency
*Shift work and working weekends (facility open 24 hours, 7 days a week)
*Must maintain a valid driver’s license
*Required to complete and pass the CDL written test and receive CDL driving permit within 90 days of hire
*Required to obtain a CDL driver’s license within 12 months of hire
*Requires long periods of standing and walking indoors and outdoors throughout the day
* Working in conditions of both high and low temperatures
*Ability to climb stairs
*Ability to run a mile and walk extended distances
*Ability to do pushups, side straddle hops, sit ups and other physical training and fitness activities
*Ability to teach and perform physical training to cadets as outlined by the Presidents Challenge for Physical Fitness
*Ability to drive or ride in a vehicle for extended distances
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
How to Apply:
On board state employees with the Oklahoma Military Department: Complete the Employee application and return the completed signed application to Shaleen Varner at Shaleen.email@example.com or Fax: 405-606-7262.
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
State of Oklahoma properties are smoke-free and vape-free therefore, the use of any and all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless tobacco, other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes/vaping devices or any other product packaged for smoking or the simulation of smoking (regardless of nicotine content) is prohibited on all State properties.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|