MWRD's Internship Program offers paid internship positions. While the main focus is on wastewater management, there are opportunities to gain knowledge and practical experience in a wide range of functions in each department.
Paid interns are limited to 119 working days per calendar year and receive $18.00 per hour. They do not receive benefits or paid days off.
- Letter of recommendation from a class instructor, professor, or Internship Coordinator from current school or university
- Cover letter stating interest in position
- Enrollment in a degree-seeking program in an accredited college or university.
- Permanent residency within the territorial boundaries of the MWRD (students may attend school outside of the territorial boundaries).
- You must be a citizen or national of the United States, or an individual who is otherwise legally authorized to work in the United States.
Candidates are required to submit the Online Internship Application, cover letter, resume, and letter of recommendation through MWRD’s Online Employment Center.
Questions regarding the internship program may be directed to MWRDInternships@mwrd.org.
Main Office Building
100 East Erie Street
Chicago, IL 60611
Rate of Pay:
This is a paid internship at $18.00/hr.
The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago is seeking an Intern to serve in the Law Department. The Law Intern will develop the skills necessary to practice law, including legal research, issue identification, analytical reasoning, drafting of litigation pleadings, transactional documents, and analytical legal memoranda.
The intern will be expected to complete at least one substantive project in each of five practice areas within the Law Department: Real Estate; Contracts and Legislation; Environmental, Construction and Torts; Employment; and User Charge (which is largely an administrative law practice).
Remote work is not an option. All Law Intern workdays will be in person at 100 East Erie Street in Chicago, Illinois.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Good legal research skills
- Can manage multiple projects
- Ability to work between 21 - 35 hours/week
- Enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school
- Must be a candidate for a JD or LLM degree
- Has completed at least one (1) year of law school