TEST ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR
|Requesting Department||FIRE AND POLICE COMMISSION|
|Open Date||5/23/2023 1:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/16/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Tiffeny Marsh|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed historic charm with a breathtaking art museum, top-flight cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
The City of Milwaukee is proud to employ a diverse workforce that is committed to providing exemplary service to the City's residents. If you have a passion for being part of an inclusive team of public servants, please consider the following opportunities.
The Test Administration Coordinator is responsible for assisting with administering, planning, coordinating, scheduling, and documenting the recruitment and testing procedures for entry-level and promotional processes for the Milwaukee Fire Department (MFD), the Milwaukee Police Department (MPD), and the Department of Emergency Communications (DEC).
· Schedule and administer written and performance examinations; score written tests, structured interviews, performance examinations, training and experience ratings, and written exercises under the guidance of the Fire and Police Commission (FPC) Staffing Services Manager; and send examination date and results notices to candidates.
· Produce reports using the JobAps applicant tracking system; serve as the FPC administrator for JobAps.
· Assist with troubleshooting problems that may arise for all tests administered by the FPC.
· Make recommendations regarding requests for test accommodations; administer tests involving accommodations; maintain records regarding accommodation requests and alternative test times and dates; arrange and administer alternative administrations; and keep records regarding requests.
· Work closely with the FPC Staffing Services Manager and the FPC Human Resources Representatives on the development of testing processes and the provision of testing and recruitment data.
· Serve as the testing records manager.
· Secure catering as necessary for testing events.
· Coordinate room and event space reservations for exams.
· Assist with responding to candidates’ questions and concerns.
· Serve as a contact person for vendors for background investigation status reports, psychological exams, medical evaluations, and drug tests.
· Serve as the onsite FPC liaison for test administration with vendors when they are onsite.
· Coordinate details for out-of-state assessors, including securing travel arrangements.
We welcome qualified individuals with disabilities who are interested in employment and will make reasonable accommodations during the hiring process in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
Conditions of Employment
The Test Administration Coordinator must be willing and able to do the following:
· Work extended workdays (up to 12 hours) on one or more days per week and/or on weekends to administer written tests, structured interview panels, and performance examinations.
· Push and pull a loaded cart of test materials; the materials may weigh more than 100 pounds.
· Ambulate to respond to candidate test inquiries within a test setting, while maintaining confidentiality.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR four years of progressively responsible, executive-level administrative support experience performing duties closely related to this position.
2. Valid driver’s license at time of appointment and throughout employment.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
NOTICE: Please do not attach your academic transcripts to your employment application. The hiring department will verify candidates’ education as part of the background screening process prior to extending any job offers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
· Ability to maintain situational awareness to monitor large or small groups of candidates participating in written tests, structured interviews, and performance examinations, including checking candidates in and out of the testing sites and answering candidates’ questions.
· Ability to learn and accurately apply FPC and Civil Service Commission (CSC) rules and processes.
· Skill in using the Microsoft Office software suite at an intermediate level.
· Ability to learn and become skilled at using the JobAps test management and applicant tracking system.
· Ability to accurately perform mathematical calculations and understand basic statistics.
Communication and Interpersonal
· Ability to remain composed and effectively handle large groups of candidates.
· Ability to write clear, concise, and accurate correspondence to candidates and MPD, MFD, and DEC staff.
· Verbal communication skills to be able to speak in an understandable manner to candidates and MFD, MPD, and DEC staff in person and via phone.
· Customer service skills and the ability to treat all candidates, colleagues, and vendors in a fair, tactful, and professional manner, including those whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
· Ability to work well independently and with fellow FPC staff members in a team setting.
· Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Organizational, Management, and Critical Thinking
· Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate testing activities and operations.
· Ability to accurately enter applicant test scores and other information into online systems.
· Ability to correctly maintain both hard copy and electronic records.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning every aspect of the role, including regarding candidate information, test content, and test scores.
· Critical thinking skills, including the ability to solve problems and use good judgment.
· Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including during busy testing cycles.
· Ability to manage one’s time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
· Ability to exhibit flexibility and demonstrate a commitment to the team’s mission.
The current salary range (Pay Range 2GN) is $65,004-$74,974 annually, and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $66,954-$77,223. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
· Defined Benefit Pension Plan
· 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
· Health and Dental Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Comprehensive Wellness Program
· Onsite Clinic Services
· Onsite Employee Assistance Program
· Alternative Work Schedules
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Group Life Insurance
· Tuition Benefits
· Paid Vacation
· 12 Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
· Flexible Spending Arrangement
· Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit https://city.milwaukee.gov/der/benefits.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: an evaluation of education, experience and/or responses to supplemental questions; a written or performance test, a structured interview or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to structured interviews and performance examinations. Structured interviews may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The selection process will be held as soon as practical after the deadline listed above. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the selection process components. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative selection process dates or times. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting www.jobapscloud.com/MIL.
· Applications and transcripts should be submitted no later than the deadline listed above.
· If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
· The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|