HVAC MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Various City of Milwaukee Departments
|Requesting Department||DEPT OF EMPLOYEE RELATIONS|
|Open Date||8/4/2022 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Jeff Harvey|
- Operate, maintain, repair, and replace HVAC equipment, including air handling units, cooling towers, chillers, boilers, and roof-top units.
- Operate and maintain related electronic motors, starters, wiring fuses, protective devices, and controls.
- Monitor and operate building automation systems to control complex heating and cooling systems at efficient levels.
- Provide general repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic controls.
- Maintain, repair, and replace components in plumbing systems, such as pumps, valves, piping, drinking fountains, toilets, wash basins, filtration equipment, and controls for steam and hot water systems.
- Assist with continued development of preventive maintenance programs.
- Operate and maintain fire alarm and suppression systems.
- Braze, weld, and solder components to keep all facility systems working well.
- Respond immediately to building maintenance emergencies.
- Use laptop computers and other telecommunication devices to test and maintain equipment.
- Stay current with job duties by taking in-house coursework and attending assigned training sessions, workshops, and labs.
Conditions of Employment
1. Three years of full-time experience in the maintenance and repair of HVAC/refrigeration equipment and other
mechanical, electrical and electronic automated building systems. This experience must include:
- At least one year of experience working in a high rise, commercial class A office building, OR
- At least one year of experience in a facility over 100,000 square feet.
An Associate Degree in the HVAC field (installation and repair of HVAC equipment) from an accredited college or
university AND one year of full-time experience in the maintenance and repair of HVAC/refrigeration equipment
and other mechanical, electrical and electronic automated building systems, in either:
- a high rise, commercial class A office building OR
- a facility over 100,000 square feet.
2. Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) certification from State of Wisconsin within six months of appointment and throughout employment.
3. Valid driver’s license at time of appointment and throughout employment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If applicable, transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. College transcripts should be attached to your online application or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is imperative that you provide transcripts to ensure that you are given credit for job-related education. Otherwise, when your background is assessed to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application will be considered incomplete and may not be accepted. Your transcript must be legible and include the following information: the college/university name, your name, the degree completed, and degree completion date (if applicable). Student copies are acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of building and mechanical preventive maintenance programs.
- Knowledge of the operation of heating, cooling, and ventilating equipment.
- Knowledge of building automation systems and related controls.
- Ability to mechanically operate and understand pneumatic and electric/electrical controls, compressors, and various HVAC equipment, including reciprocating compressors, chillers, and boilers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, plans, technical specifications, and sequence of operations.
- Practical knowledge of mathematics to be able to take measurements, make calculations, and use basic geometry.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to operate, program, and use computer software used for facilities management.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply safety principles and practices as they apply to the HVAC field.
- Ability to work productively in both on-demand and preventive maintenance work environments.
- Verbal communication skills to effectively convey information to other staff and managers.
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with coworkers and customers whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Ability to apply basic troubleshooting techniques in the field and resolve problems efficiently and independently.
- Ability to use City resources responsibly.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Applications can be accessed by visiting www.jobapscloud.com/MIL.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|