|Requesting Department||MILWAUKEE FIRE DEPARTMENT|
|Open Date||12/3/2021 08:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Jamie Heberer|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
The City of Milwaukee is proud to employ a diverse workforce that is committed to providing exemplary service to the City’s residents. If you have a passion for being a part of an inclusive team of public servants, please consider the following opportunity.
Serving more than 800 users and 150 software clients, the Systems Analyst Assistant is responsible for the daily management and support of department’s field staffing software, TeleStaff.
Systems Analyst and Maintenance
- Provide system maintenance and support for TeleStaff System.
- Build and administer TeleStaff configuration based on staffing rules, and type and degree of automation.
- Identify, document, and present new TeleStaff software capabilities to management.
- Prepare and export date for payroll and special reports.
- Work with the records management system and Computer Aided Dispatch system (XCAD) on data shared between programs and documenting the shared processes.
Customer Service and Help Desk
- Assist IT Staff, vendors, and end users with issues related to the TeleStaff system.
- Assist in training and staff assistance to all department personnel in relation to TeleStaff, including the paid off/ vacation/ holiday auctions modules, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) extraction, and specialized trainings for community paramedics and the Tactical Emergency Medical Services Team.
- Assist with answering and resolving help desk calls relating to email, community risk reduction tablets, and records management issues.
- Cross-train and maintain proficiency in the records management system and assume back up administer duties as needed.
We welcome qualified individuals with disabilities who are interested in employment and will make reasonable accommodations during the hiring process in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
Conditions of Employment
- Required to perform job duties at the assigned worksite, unless approved to work elsewhere by the Fire Chief.
- Required to participate in NFA (National Fire Academy) training, currently being delivered online.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems management, computer science, business administration, or closely related field.
- Two years of experience in systems analysis and application support. Successful completion of NFA- National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) courses F497, W497, and Q494 within six months of hire.
- Successful completion of NFA NFIRS course R491 within twelve months of hire.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered; for example, a related Associate Degree plus four years of experience as described under #2, above, is considered equivalent.
NOTE: College transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. Transcripts should be attached to the online application or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Systems Analyst Assistant” in the subject line. Applications without transcripts attached may be considered incomplete and may be rejected. Unofficial copies are acceptable; however, the transcripts must be legible and include the school name, applicant name, degree completed (if applicable), and date completed.
- Related computer software certifications.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of enterprise systems and ability to perform systems analysis.
- Ability to maintain TeleStaff system and identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform data importing/exporting and scripting.
- Ability to write queries and produce and format reports.
- Ability to read and understand technical job-related documents.
- Knowledge of relational database fundamentals, including Structured Query Language (SQL), and the ability to work with large data sets.
Communication and Interpersonal
- Written communication skills to be able to write documents and prepare job aids and training material.
- Oral communication and presentation skills to be able to provide application support to end-users and train staff with varying levels of computer proficiency.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with people whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Customer service skills and the ability to work closely with vendors to resolve system issues.
Critical Thinking and Planning
- Critical thinking skills, including analytical and problem-solving ability as well as sound judgment.
- Organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate work records.
- Ability to perform effectively independently, under pressure, and within tight timeframes.
- Ability to take initiative, exercise flexibility, and be creative.
- Honesty, integrity, and the ability to safeguard all departmental resources.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The current salary range (Pay Range 2EX) is $48,670-$63,426 annually, and the resident incentive salary for City of Milwaukee residents is $50,130-$65,329. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Candidates must undergo and pass a background investigation prior to appointment.
INITIAL FILING DATE – The examination will be held as soon as practical after December 29, 2021. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
- APPLICATIONS and further information can be accessed by visiting www.jobapscloud.com/MIL.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.