IT PROJECT MANAGER
|Requesting Department||DOA - INFO & TECH MGT DIV|
|Open Date||1/6/2020 12:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/27/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deidre Steward|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
- Manage the planning, development, testing, implementation and extensions of the enterprise-wide financial and human resources systems and related modules, including upgrades.
- Resolve issues and ensure customers are informed regarding progress, timeframes and other implementation and upgrade concerns.
- Inform ITMD management regarding staff, financial details, and status for all enterprise activities; compose and compile related memoranda, reports and presentations.
- Supervise staff, including performance reviews, training and development and scheduling.
- Coordinate project activities, resources, equipment and information, including preparation of project proposals, timeframes, schedule and budget; monitor and track project progress and handle issues that arise.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
Conditions of Employment
- Evening and weekend work may be required to troubleshoot issues and to meet implementation and upgrade requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, business administration or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of professional-level experience performing functions related to IT project management, allocation of resources for enterprise-level applications, and managing an IT development staff.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: College transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. Transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Student/unofficial copies are acceptable; however, your transcript must be legible and include your college/university name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date completed.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Ability to deliver enterprise level projects on time and with high quality.
- Ability to facilitate scope, scheduling, and status sessions with key stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Ability to create project and resource plans.
- Ability to delegate tasks.
- Ability to engage subject matter experts to solve complex problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to predict and successfully address risk factors.
- Skill in written communication to provide reports, memoranda and other updates regarding the status of enterprise projects.
- Skill in oral communication to ensure accuracy of information conveyed and to be able to explain technician concepts to other technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and fairly with people whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Skill in leadership.
- Ability to foster teamwork, build collaborative relationships and empower others.
- Ability to manage a staff, assess performance and provide useful and accurate feedback.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use effective judgment.
The current salary range (1HX) is $70,827 -$99,154, and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $72,952 - $102,129. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit https://city.milwaukee.gov/der/benefits.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after Monday, January 27, 2020. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
APPLICATIONS and further information can be accessed by visiting www.jobaps.com/MIL.
- Applications and transcripts should be submitted no later than the deadline listed above.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|