|Requesting Department||DOA - INFO & TECH MGT DIV|
|Open Date||11/22/2019 09:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deidre Steward|
- Administer and maintain an Enterprise ArcGis Server environment by ensuring that the server is running properly and by working with the software vendor to ensure functionality and implementation of upgrades.
- Write scripts or develop models to automate tasks such as building databases or publishing data; bring data into GIS system using PYTHON scripting.
- Develop applications and services for the ArcGIS Server environment and ArcGIS Server applications and projects.
- Maintain Map Milwaukee by troubleshooting problems and assisting users.
- Provide training and user support to City employees and citizens on Map Milwaukee to optimize efficiencies and to meet users’ needs for related data and information.
- Work closely with customers, follow up on issues and concerns and ensure customers are informed regarding upgrades and changes.
- To ensure management and users are informed regarding time, activities, status, and provide reports and presentations.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field, including coursework in programming, geography, land engineering, automated mapping and/or GIS from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of professional-level experience working in a GIS developer role, including the use of ESRI, Oracle software, SQL Server and PYTHON scripting.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: College transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. Transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Student/unofficial copies are acceptable; however, your transcript must be legible and include your college/university name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date completed.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of automated mapping/GIS principles and practices.
- Knowledge of GIS theory and application.
- Ability to write complex algorithms related to GIS.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information in an understandable way for both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and policies.
- Ability to carry out assignments and meet varying project deadlines.
- Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to produce correspondence and reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues to ensure consistent functionality.
- Initiative, honesty and integrity.
The current salary range (2IX) is $58,462-$81,844, and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $60,216-$84,300. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit https://city.milwaukee.gov/der/benefits.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after Friday, December 27, 2019. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting, http://city.milwaukee.gov/jobs.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.