|Requesting Department||COMMON COUNCIL - CITY CLERK|
|Open Date||3/5/2019 1:46:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deidre Steward|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
- Prepare, scan and index paper documents and film records for digital preservation, storage and access through the E-Vault System, including performing quality control functions to ensure integrity of records for accessibility and preservation.
- Perform data entry related to tracking record inventory activities for receipt of retrieval, processing and disposal of records in various systems; using various software programs to track accounting information for reimbursement from other city departments.
- Assist with the disposal and destruction of confidential records from CRC physical records storage facilities and computer storage devices, including pickup and delivery of destruction barrels to City Hall complex departments.
- Provide customer service to City departments and citizens regarding various City Records Management Program services, including, but not limited to, record retrieval from CRC storage facilities and providing guidance to customers on the use of equipment to view documents; mail notifications on the release of secure structures to architects and structure owners.
- Cross-train with other staff in the primary projects, functions, duties and responsibilities of the section, such as, metering and sorting USPS and interoffice mail, assisting with accounting and other operational duties.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to perform medium physical work, exerting up to 75 lbs. of force occasionally and lifting and moving objects weighing up to 20 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb and carry boxes up and down ladders and place on shelves.
- Must be able to move large carts, as well as haul and maneuver pallets of boxes.
- Customer service experience
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Skill and ability to learn and perform various data entry and quality control functions in records management and document imaging software programs.
- Skill and ability to learn and utilize specialized scanning equipment.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as managing files and records.
- Ability to conduct research and retrieve City records.
- Ability to precisely sort information alphabetically and numerically.
- Ability to read and comprehend work-related documents.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy when performing routine tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
- In-person and remote (phone, email, etc.) customer service etiquette to effectively assist customers.
- Proficiency with standard computer applications such as word processing and email.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with coworkers and citizens whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Honesty and integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
The starting salary (Pay Range 3CN) for City of Milwaukee residents is $37,456 and for non-residents is $36,537 annually.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits2019.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after Monday, March 25, 2019. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting, http://city.milwaukee.gov/jobs.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.