BENEFITS SERVICES SPECIALIST II
|Requesting Department||DEPT OF EMPLOYEE RELATIONS|
|Open Date||6/29/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deidre Steward|
**THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT CITY OF MILWAUKEE EMPLOYEES ONLY**
- Ensure that no health/dental benefits coverage gaps exist for employees entering city employment or retirement; provide an employee benefits overview at New Employee Orientation as well as ongoing benefits education.
- Monitor and execute periodic adjustments to payroll to accurately reflect enrollment changes in health/dental benefits for employees; perform pension adjustments for retirees.
- Oversee the Alternative Transportation Commuter Value Pass (CVP) Program, the Long-Term Disability program and other benefits and enroll employees in and provide information about the programs.
- Work with the City’s ACA vendor to ensure all health data is collected and reported accurately for ACA reporting purposes.
- Assist with the City’s open enrollment period; staff related events.
- Provide customer support and assist with claim inquiries, issues and general questions via the benefits customer support line and email account.
- Collaborate with the benefits team on policies and practices regarding employee hiring data to ensure adequate controls are in place for enrollment and ACA reporting purposes.
- Work in conjunction with the City’s Health Benefits Administrator to ensure required information is gathered for all members enrolled in the City’s health benefits.
- Communicate and educate employees on the various components of the City’s comprehensive health and wellness program.
- Assist with scheduling various Wellness events and programs.
- Oversee and provide information to employees regarding voluntary benefit programs options.
- Process and enter all child support orders, enrollments and changes into HRMS.
- Assist with PeopleSoft/HRMS testing and the production environment when upgrades or changes to the system are made.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
- Regular status as City of Milwaukee employee, having successfully completed a probationary period for a civil service position.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience related to health, dental and/or other benefits, including experience working with the PeopleSoft HRMS system.
Equivalent combinations of education, training and experience may also be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: College transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. Transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Student/unofficial copies are acceptable; however, your transcript must be legible and include your college/university name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date completed.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Ability to accurately administer benefits programs, including reporting, enrollment and tracking of data.
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to be responsive and sensitive to the needs of employees and of the public.
- Ability to utilize related computer software programs including Word, Excel, PeopleSoft and vendor reporting systems.
- Ability to verbally communicate complex issues to a wide audience.
- Ability to listen well and to communicate effectively both in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to prepare accurate and effective written communications, including drafting letters.
- Skill in proofreading documents for accuracy and for grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to problem solve, apply critical thinking and trouble-shoot.
- Skill in continuous improvement with regard to benefits processes and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and follow through on assignments to completion.
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members and serve as back-up on critical job functions shared among a small work team.
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and good judgement while remaining in compliance with HIPAA standards at all times.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment, managing multiple tasks that are deadline-driven.
- Ability to deal with individuals who are under stress and/or experiencing challenging situations.
- Ability to understand and appropriately provide services in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with co-workers and City employees.
- Ability to take on and complete new or special projects as needed.
- Ability to remain professional at all times.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: an evaluation of related education, experience and accomplishments, written tests, interview, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserve the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral, performance tests or personal interviews. Information from the selection process will be used to make a hiring decision. Selected candidates will be transferred and/or promoted to the position.
NOTE: Transfer/Promotional Opportunities and Promotional Examinations are not open to Milwaukee Public Schools employees or to the public. Only current City of Milwaukee employees and civilian personnel in MFD and MPD hired through a City Service Commission process who have successfully passed a probationary period for a Civil Service position will be considered. Individuals with exempt, provisional, temporary, or emergency appointments are not eligible for transfer.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting, http://city.milwaukee.gov/jobs.
- Applications and transcripts should be submitted no later than the deadline listed above.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|