WATER BILLING SPECIALIST
|Open Date||5/22/2020 1:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/12/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Jeff Harvey|
What Milwaukee can offer YOU.
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big-city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities and great restaurants.
- Conduct entire pre-billing process, generate multiple billing reports, review data and make necessary changes. Ensure that billing record integrity is maintained by updating records, ordering investigations and recording the results accurately in the EnQuesta system.
- Validate billing calculations throughout the pre-billing process using various reporting systems, formulas or data extraction tools, such as Cognos.
- Maintain financial data relating to account receivable balances for various City funds. Review daily, monthly and annual trail balances. Update accounts receivable and maintain Excel spreadsheets. Provide and prepare related documents, including general ledger adjustment entries, tax roll analysis and write off reviews.
- Prepare and run customer information programs on a regular basis, completing maintenance and updates for customer accounts and system testing to verify results.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating, collecting and analyzing information and by composing responses or preparing reports. Refer non-standard complaints or legal issues to the Billing and Collections Manager.
- Assist in running, balancing and updating daily cash receipts.
- Assist the Billing and Collections Manager and billing team to identify areas for process improvements; coordinate with other departments to implement solutions to improve efficiency of the billing process.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
- Four years of progressively responsible accounting or book keeping experience performing duties closely related to the duties listed above
Note: Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To receive credit for college, transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. College transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Your transcript must be legible and include the following information: the university or college name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date the degree was completed.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Ability to exhibit attention to detail relative to accuracy of numbers, data entry, and date management.
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite programs, including Excel, Outlook, and Word, to create reports, manage data and create& receive correspondence.
- Ability to learn and use departmental software applications, including EnQuesta and Cognos.
- Ability to oversee the review process of billing documents for accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and process information and documents in the completion of the billing process cycle.
- Ability to operate in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Ability to communicate orally with diverse groups of people, including other City personnel, customers, vendors, peers and management.
- Written communication skills in order to effectively create reports and email correspondence to coworkers, customers, vendors, and department management.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects to ensure that billing process is completed on time.
- Ability to work as a part of a cohesive team to regularly meet strict billing submission deadlines.
- Honesty and integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
The current starting salary (PR 5HN) is $45,013 annually, and the resident incentive starting salary for City of Milwaukee residents is $46,363. Appointment will be made in accordance with the City of Milwaukee Salary Ordinance.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit https://city.milwaukee.gov/der/benefits.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: an evaluation of related education, experience and accomplishments, written tests, interview, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral, performance tests or personal interviews. Information from the selection process will be used to make a hiring decision. Selected candidates will be transferred and/or promoted to the position.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after the deadline listed above. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting www.jobaps.com/MIL.
- Applications and transcripts should be submitted no later than the deadline listed above.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|