|Open Date||12/20/2019 4:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/27/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Jeff Harvey|
Bridges and Buildings Services Division staff members provide building and bridge structure maintenance services, design and consulting services, project management, inspections and evaluations for the repair, operations and renovation of the City's building and bridge structure assets including more than 180 bridge structures and 200 buildings.
THIS IS A FIXED TERM POSITION (SUMMER INTERNSHIP)
The eligible list resulting from this examination may be used to fill similar City of Milwaukee positions.
- Assist engineers with record keeping, design plans and specifications.
- Assist engineers with field inspections.
- Assist engineering technicians with field work and record keeping.
- Assist DPW inspectors with project inspections and record keeping.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds of equipment or materials.
- Current enrollment as a sophomore or higher in an accredited college or university in civil engineering.
- Valid driver’s license at the time of appointment and throughout employment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To receive credit for college, transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. College transcripts should be attached to you online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Your transcript must be legible and include the following information: the university or college name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date the degree wat completed. Student copies are acceptable.
- Experience using ArcGIS, Microstation and Microsoft Office software.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of engineering analysis and design methods.
- Oral and written communication skills to produce correspondence and reports.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with coworkers and citizens whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and data interpretation skills.
- Ability to follow through on assignments and long-term projects.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and a strong sense of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to read and interpret work-related documents.
- Ability to organize assignments and manage time to complete tasks based on departmental deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated proofreading skills.
- Professional, dependable, flexible, and adaptable.
- Detail and quality-oriented.
- Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software as well as the Internet.
The current wage rate (PR 9PN) is $14.28 per hour and the resident incentive wage rate for City of Milwaukee residents is $14.71 per hour.
Note: Appointment may be up to $15.81 hourly for individuals with junior status (resident incentive wage $16.28 hourly) and $17.96 hourly for individuals with senior status (resident incentive wage $18.50 hourly).
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after the application deadline listed above. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting www.jobaps.com/MIL.
- Applications and transcripts should be submitted no later than the deadline listed above.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located in City Hall, 200 E Wells St, Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.