|Requesting Department||HEALTH DEPARTMENT|
|Open Date||8/27/2019 4:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deidre Steward|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
Under the supervision of the Infectious Disease Program Manager, the Radiologic Technologist performs radiographic diagnostic imaging procedures to include taking, developing and processing chest x-ray films.
The Radiologic Technologist will work on a part-time basis, approximately 20 hours per week.
Perform x-rays and related functions according to State of WI statutory requirements:
- Take chest x-ray films of clinic patients; develop films; mark films for identification and assemble with clinic record for reading by radiologist.
- Provide documentation to the Milwaukee Health Department (MHD) client record and on the film jacket of all firms, DVDs, or CDs, from internal and/or external sources.
- Pull and provide all current and previous films for comparison. File films after studies are completed.
- Prepare and track films sent to outside providers or as requested by the outside providers.
- Will assure all films are requested or loaned are received and returned.
- Maintain a log of x-rays taken and provide statistics requested.
- Maintain equipment in clean and working condition, including attending to minor repairs.
- Assure that radiography supplies requested are the correct type and in quantities sufficient to meet program needs.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, kneel, and reach.
- Must have manual dexterity, the ability to push and pull objects, and the ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Must be able to properly lift and move objects weighing up to 20 lbs. alone or up to 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Current State of Wisconsin radiographer license. License must be provided at time of application and maintained throughout employment.
- Certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technicians (ARRT) at time of application and throughout employment.
- One year of related experience performing radiographic diagnostic imaging procedures.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of quality assurance and laboratory safety standards.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Experience in operating x-ray equipment.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, managers and staff members.
- Ability to accurately perform math calculations.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and data interpretation skills.
- Ability to follow uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Knowledge of word processing and excel spreadsheet software applications.
- Commitment to serve the public honestly and with sensitivity.
- Ability to work cooperatively and fairly with people whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Ability to remain professional at all times.
- Honesty, integrity and the ability to maintain patient and laboratory test results confidentiality.
The current starting salary (PG 3GN) is $42,539 annually, and the resident incentive starting salary for City of Milwaukee residents is $46,363 annually.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits2019
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after Tuesday, September 17, 2019. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting, http://city.milwaukee.gov/jobs.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or email@example.com.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.