RECAST PROGRAM COORDINATOR
|Requesting Department||HEALTH DEPARTMENT|
|Open Date||5/7/2019 09:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/28/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deidre Steward|
Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is an urban hub bursting with energy. Milwaukee provides a casual sophistication – big city appeal without the big city hassles. We are accessible and affordable, and our residents are welcoming. Milwaukee has evolved through the years, bringing together its unsurpassed old world charm with a breathtaking Art Museum, top-flight arts and cultural attractions, professional sports, lakefront festivals, recreational opportunities, and great restaurants.
- Perform administrative tasks related to program implementation including documentation, logistics and program monitoring.
- Coordinate processes for project management across multiple partners using project management software.
- Document meeting and event notes and outcomes electronically and on flip chart paper.
- Transcribe notes and other pertinent information for planning and distribution.
- Coordinate event planning, logistics and activities.
- Support fiscal management/contracting and report to the funding source as needed.
- Staff information and resource tables promoting the Office of Violence Prevention (OVP) and ReCAST related resources.
- Build on existing efforts to identify, classify and assess behavioral health and other culturally competent, trauma –informed resources for youth and their families.
- Develop an easy interface for other youth-serving professionals to access information about these resources.
- Engage community and institutional partners to participate in department coalitions and strategy meetings.
- Develop a series of learning experiences for youth-serving professionals that increases their capacity to appropriately refer high-risk youth and their families to resources, including referrals to culturally competent, trauma-informed behavioral health services.
- Assist in the coordination of a professional development calendar of learning experiences (training, workshops, shadowing, coaching).
- Assist in the coordination of department sponsored community events.
- Represent the department at community coalition and other program related meetings as assigned.
- Conduct regular site visits to department funded organizations to monitor implementation of project requirements.
- Coordinate with all ReCAST Milwaukee Project staff on a regular basis to support project goals, monitoring and reporting.
- Manage OVP and ReCast Milwaukee social media and other digital communications platforms in coordination with Milwaukee Health Department Communications Officer.
- Produce digital updates using communication software such as Constant Contact and Spark Post.
- Manage OVP website in coordination with City of Milwaukee Information Technology Division.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field such as public health, social work, education, health education, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- One year of experience coordinating and or providing administrative support to youth or community programs.
- Valid driver’s license at time of appointment and throughout employment. Properly insured vehicle for use on the job is required (mileage reimbursement provided).
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
IMPORTANT NOTE: College transcripts are required and must be received by the application period closing date. Transcripts should be attached to your online application. Applications without transcripts attached will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Student/unofficial copies are acceptable; however, your transcript must be legible and include your college/university name, your name, the degree completed (if applicable) and the date completed.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of public health and familiarity with substance abuse and mental health services.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and office management practices.
- Ability to expertly use social media to brand and market the ReCAST program and the Office of Violence Prevention.
- Ability to approach projects with energy, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized to meet varying deadlines regularly.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to engage effectively with a diverse group of high-level community stakeholders in achieving desired outcomes.
- Ability to exhibit an exemplary level of cultural competence.
- Ability to provide services in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Ability to contribute at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to read and interpret work-related documents.
- Proficiency using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and project management applications.
- Written communication skills, including the ability to transcribe notes, write reports and business correspondence.
- Oral communication and presentation skills to be able to convey information clearly and effectively for community events and department meetings.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships with a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary staff, other agencies, and the public.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to provide excellent service to employees, officials, and the public.
- Ability to exhibit sound judgment.
- Honesty, integrity, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
The current salary range (PG 2CN) for city of Milwaukee residents is $45,473-$55,825 annually, and the non-resident starting salary is $44,357-$54,455 annually.
The City of Milwaukee provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes the following:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Onsite Clinic Services
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Tuition Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave and other paid leaves
- Flexible Spending Arrangement
- Commuter Value Pass
For full details of the benefits offered by the City of Milwaukee, please visit http://city.milwaukee.gov/Benefits2019.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods. The Department of Employee Relations reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
INITIAL FILING DATE - The examination will be held as soon as practical after Tuesday, May 28, 2019. Receipt of applications may be discontinued at any time after this date without prior notice. However, recruitment may continue until the needs of the City have been met. Qualified applicants will be notified of the date, time, and place of the examination. Unless otherwise required by law, the City of Milwaukee will not provide alternative test administration. The applicant is responsible for attending all phases of the job selection process at the time and place designated by the City of Milwaukee.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting, http://city.milwaukee.gov/jobs.
- If you would like assistance completing an application, please contact the Department of Employee Relations at (414) 286-3751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department of Employee Relations is located at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Room 706, Milwaukee, WI 53202
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|