|Date Opened||3/12/2020 10:05:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/22/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Job Type||Open Competitive|
The Montgomery County Student Apprenticeship Program provides a meaningful employment experience with placement in County departments for Montgomery teens and young adults. The program is a Part-Time/Temporary position that will last 4 weeks, beginning July 6, 2020 and ending July 31, 2020.
**DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 AWARENESS, THE PROGRAM DATES HAVE CHANGED**
Office Aides file or fax information, make photocopies, answer the telephone, perform data entry and may interact with the public.
Possible work sites include:
• Probate Office
• Revenue Office
• County Administration
• District Attorney: Student must have excellent computer skills.
• Tax and Audit Department: Preference for students with word and excel experience.
• City-County Personnel Department
• Board of Registrars: Student must have excellent computer skills.
The following Departments have an age requirement:
• Community Corrections: College students only, must be 18 or older.
• Election Center: Must be 18 or older.
• Information Systems: College students majoring in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field only. Must be 18 or older.
• Youth Facility: Must be 18 or older. A background check, drug test and signing of confidentiality statement required.
Students work in landscaping, street cleanup, warehousing, athletic field preparation and general maintenance.
Possible work sites include:
• Support Services
• Youth Facility: Must be 18 or older.
SPECIFIC ACADEMY PREFERRED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Sheriff’s Office: Seeking MPAC Lawn/Agriculture Academy students
• Sheriff’s Office: Seeking MPS Law Academy students
Applicants must be between the ages of 16-22 AND must be a resident of Montgomery County. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a public, private, alternative or home school program or college/university. Some departments require that the student be at least 18 years old.
A letter of recommendation (from your high school guidance counselor, college advisor, school representative or a Montgomery County Commissioner) must be submitted with your application for consideration.
The number of jobs per department depends upon the need of the department. Applying does not guarantee a job offer. However, selected applicants will work at the discretion of their supervisor, but no more than 29 hours per week.
Additional paperwork will be necessary to process payroll for applicants who are hired. A list of required documents will be provided prior to the start of employment.
Complete an online application by visiting Montgomery City-County Personnel's Online Employment Center. Paper applications are no longer accepted. Completed applications will be accepted online until 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If there is no closing date, the announcement may be closed at any time without prior notice.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|