Nature of Work
Information Technology Intern will assist the Montgomery Regional Airport Authority
by performing IT Departmental tasks and functions within the Montgomery
Regional Airport. This individual works with the Montgomery Regional Airport
Authority’s team, assisting the staff with general IT issues
including but not limited to: research, hardware and software repair, and
general office coordination.
- Current student who is pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Business, or Project Management with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working collaboratively with a team.
- Detailed oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and able to maintain a professional demeanor under all circumstances.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and web browsers.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving computer issues for Windows 7, Windows 10, and Macbook.
- Ability to lift in excess of fifty pounds.
Kind of Examination
- Assist Montgomery Regional Airport Authority Staff in gathering various information in
regard to technology needs.
- Assist staff members and Airport tenants with troubleshooting and fixing computer and
technology related issues. - Assist with administrative duties to include, answering the phone and providing
customer service to visitors.
- Engage and interact (under supervision) in activities such as responding to general questions
and comments; and directs all inquiries to the appropriate staff member.
- Engage and interact with City and County employees of various departments.
- Support and assist in preparation for department events as necessary.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical
a professional image and confidentiality.
This is a
part-time paid internship. Must be able to work a minimum of nine (9) hours per
week. Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a
strong work ethic and enjoy working with a variety of personalities. Most
importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple
tasks. This internship will be for the spring of 2021.
Complete an online application by visiting Montgomery City-County Personnel's Online Employment Center
. Paper applications are no longer accepted. Completed applications will be accepted online until 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If there is no closing date, the announcement may be closed at any time without prior notice.