REVENUE SPECIALIST II
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||1/20/2023 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Mary-Kathryn Beech|
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate, including or supplemented by a course in bookkeeping or accounting.
Experience: Four years of experience performing work in tax assessments, collections, investigations, examinations, adjustments or taxpayer services within two or more of the specialized fields of revenue administration or performing work in tax assessments, collections, investigations, examinations, adjustments or taxpayer services within the motor fuel/motor carrier tax field. The specialized fields may include sales and use tax, income tax, admissions and amusement tax, withholding tax, alcohol and tobacco tax, and any other revenue levy authorized by the legislature.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree, with twelve credit hours in accounting or auditing, from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in finance technician classification or finance technician specialty codes in the financial clerical and technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior supervisory/management experience.
- Customer Service Experience.
- Organizational skills.
- Experience with personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge and experience in Maryland tax laws and forms.
- Knowledge and experience in federal tax laws and forms.
- Good communication skills (speaking & writing).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- The nature of the position requires that the employee be able to travel within the State of Maryland, and provide their own transportation to visit various branch offices located within the State of Maryland.
- Employee must be able to tolerate an occasional uncomfortable or unpleasantexperiences presented by upset or irate taxpayers.
- Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 25 to 35 pounds, climbing ladders, delivering supplies, etc.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|