Research & Development Manufacturing Specialist
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||5/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,822.00 - $89,738.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
Maryland Correctional Enterprises (MCE) is the self-sustaining, vocational training arm of the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services (DPSCS). Our goal is to teach our program participants the technical skills and work ethics needed to obtain employment after they are released. For more information, visit us online at www.mce.md.gov
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Initiating studies and research into new business areas and developing business plans to determine the feasibility of adding the product or service into the MCE enterprises.
- Coordinating and implementing quality control objectives, activities or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Responsible for designing, developing, documenting and implementing new processes, process improvements and production equipment for MCE in conjunction with manufacturing staff.
- Working and coordinating with the Projects Consultant, to develop plans and procedures for the installation of all new or expanded MCE shops and services; which includes project and budget management, staffing, equipment procurement, bid process and vendor selection.
- Developing specifications for and documentation of all newly developed product raw materials, components and assemblies.
- Evaluating specifications for raw materials and components and negotiating with vendors to establish requirements.
- Researching and implementing quality improvements, process and plans.
- Coordinating new product efforts based on sales and marketing trends.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field
Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Certification
One year of experience conducting return on investment analyses.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999 or 443-326-5570 email@example.com.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.