ACCOUNTANT SUPERVISOR II
(Administration Division/ Data Control Unit)
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||8/18/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,493.00 - $100,547.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tameria Hammock|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Five years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles to include three years performing advanced duties in the areas of cost accounting, systems accounting, federal fund accounting, or bond and loan accounting.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general accounting experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required general experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.