CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER *REPOST*
FISCAL SERVICES CHIEF II
|Department||MDH Springfield Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||5/18/2022 3:34:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,343.00 - $102,097.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Directing operations of the Accounting Office;
- Developing, evaluating & implementation of policies and procedures;
- Preparation of the annual operating budget;
- Management of operating budget expenditures and revenues;
- Statistical and analytical reporting for special projects; and,
- Internal controls and audits.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Four years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Applicants who had met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Applicants may substitute one year of professional budgeting experience or one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Financial field on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with preparing the annual operating budget for a hospital center serving over 200 patients.
- Experience with evaluating and developing the performance of fiscal service supervisory and support staff.
- Experience with managing people.
- Experience with management of timekeeping functions for over 500 employees.
- Experience with equipment and supply inventory functions.
- Experience with fiscal compliance audits.
- Experience working with FMIS, the State's Financial Management Information System.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.