IT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR II
Project Management Office (PMO) Lead
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||9/6/2022 4:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,142.00 - $114,441.00/year|
|HR Analyst||JasCiel Stamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Assist the PMO Director in implementing IT project standards, governance, and audit functions for the IT organization
- Assist the PMO Director in directing or assisting in the direction of the daily operations of the unit
- Assist the PMO Director in evaluating efficiency of operations and developing, revising, and recommending new policies, standards, and workflow procedures, using new technology where appropriate
- Create project Lessons Learned repository, conduct project review meetings, manage risks and issues register, liaise with technical and business staff in implementing project standards across the IT organization
- Assist in developing and implementing IT standards guide in the areas of project management, application development, quality assurance and security to ensure that all the standards developed meet best practices. Assist in implementing project standards across all projects
- Provide support in effectively managing internal and external communications from the PMO, prepare consolidated material from project reports for weekly and monthly review, prepare and distribute monthly IT PMO reports to IT Leadership
- Participate in HBX IT project planning activities; Identify, define, and monitor project plans, tasks, goals, resource requirements, and deliverables
- Facilitate internal and external status meetings and communicate the progress of the projects and risk assessments to IT leadership team
- Ensure project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilization is monitored. Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders, coordinate quality activities to meet quality objectives, manage project risks, issues and change control, assess, and communicate risks and impacts
- Analyze and evaluate business systems, applications, and operational efficiencies, recommends replacement of obsolete systems with new technology or processes
- Develop, implement, and manage On-boarding, Off-boarding, and training programs for PMO
- Develop, implement, and manage new and revised policies, procedures, and standards
- Perform other IT/PMO tasks assigned
- Coordinate with the Procurement Team on all IT Software License purchase, and renewals
- Oversee, review and evaluates bid proposal for computer information systems, make recommendations for the purchase of new computer hardware and software and enhancement of existing equipment, systems, and services
- Implement policies and procedures for software and hardware license purchase and manage reports using Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
- Review, manage, track, and maintain all IT Software and procurement
- Assist in the management of vendors, invoices, and related tasks
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- PMI Certification
- Experience in the IT industry directly related to supporting Project Management Office (PMO) or enterprise IT organization processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile project management methodologies.
- Experience providing IT technical or business analysis services for complex technology projects in the healthcare industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with managing multiple priorities and tight timelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business users, managers, technical, non-technical, and leadership staff.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.