IT SYSTEMS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
|Department||DHS - Technology for Human Svcs General Admin|
|Date Opened||5/6/2022 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,441.00 - $95,703.00/year (State Salary Guidelines Apply).|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
OTHS, DATA/ NETWORK SECURITY DIVISION
1100 EASTERN BOULEVARD
ESSEX, MD 21221
Main Purpose of Job
This position serves as a DHS OTHS Security Tools & Policies Supervisor/Oversight Management, responsible for the day-to-day security tool, policies & security operations support as directed by the DHS DCISO. This position is accountable to manage, maintain, implement & enhance the DHS OTHS security tools, that include but are not limited to the Symantec suite of tools - Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) and Data Loss Prevention. This position also monitors activities, tasks, projects, and designated assignments of these tools to support enhancements, upgrades, and implementations. This position also plans, and coordinates activities related to installation, support, monitoring, maintenance and upgrading of co networks. Develops, modifies, and implements security related policy and procedures for the DHS OTHS SECGOV Team. This position may be requested to analyzes the networking and nation needs for DHS and determines personnel and equipment requirements.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Experience: Seven years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology for four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software for four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology and three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Two years of experience supporting the following security day-to-day operations– Audit Management, Risk Management, Policy Management, Incident Response, Continuity of Operations, Disaster Recovery, Threat Hunting, Vulnerability Management, Plans of Actions &
Milestones (POA&Ms). Preferred experience leading process improvements to existing security processes.
Two years of experience working with IT security key performance indicators (KPIs) – identification, development & implementation.
Two years of experience working with data analysis & reporting – Minitab and Excel Pivot Tables experience preferred.
Two years of experience working with NIST RMF or CSF.
Two years of experience working with industry best practices security & vulnerability tools to perform system scans. These could include any of the following: WebInspect, Tenable, or Tanium.
A bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Cybersecurity, Information Systems – Security, Program Administration or similar closely-related major.
Two years of experience working with structured development frameworks & methodologies that may include the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to current State of Maryland Employees and Contractors supporting the Department of Human Services.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.