COMPUTER INFORMATION SERVICES SPECIALIST I
Information Technology Division
|Department||COMP Controller IT Services|
|Date Opened||11/15/2022 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/29/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,804.00 - $71,124.00/year|
|HR Analyst||David Brown|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Computer equipment deployment and maintenance. Install new hardware and software throughout the agency's main offices and branch offices.
- Work to resolve Tier I reported technical issues with the use of available Help Desk resources on share drive and knowledge articles.
- Use the current ticketing system to record, distribute, monitor, report, and document instances of problems as they are reported to the Service Desk.
- Hardware Inventory Management. Perform regular review of hardware inventory.
- Audio/Visual support for meetings. Assist customers with scheduling and setup of Video Conferencing
- Candidates may substitute additional experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, data base or other applications on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute nine credit hours in personal computer applications at an accredited college, university or institution for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the completion of a certification program in computer repair, such as Microsoft A+ or an equivalent program for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year experience supporting client-server applications in an enterprise environment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Familiarity with Windows 10 and 11 OS.
- Experience with any Help Desk Ticketing System.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|