CDA Lending and Risk Analyst Senior I (C22035) *Re-Post*
Construction Management Officer
|Department||DHCD - Div of Dev Finance - Housing Dev Program|
|Date Opened||8/11/2022 09:05:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31.97 - $40.12/hour (Grade 20, Step 1 - Step 9, with promotional growth to $51.43)|
|HR Analyst||Kathleen Hubbard|
This is a long-term contractual position with potential for full benefits within a year
DHCD offers competitive salary, contractual benefits, paid time off, flexible work schedule, hybrid telework options, training, and career path opportunities.
Work that Matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in the financing and development of affordable housing and community development lending. As such, the primary function of the Community Development Administration is to encourage and support affordable homeownership and rental housing in Maryland. We are good but strive to be great. To make this happen our team needs members that will challenge the status quo, effectively communicate ideas and issues, independently bring forth practical and efficient solutions, believe change is good and want to come to work knowing that what they do makes a difference in their neighborhood.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Road Lanham, MD 20706.
The Department of Housing and Community Development Headquarters is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro stop.
DHCD has an immediate opening for a full-time Construction Management Officer. The types of projects reviewed and monitored include new construction, substantial rehabilitation and moderate rehabilitation. Projects range in size from one million to thirty-five million dollars.
The incumbent is responsible for the review and approval of the contractor and architect plans and specifications, construction estimates, work scope, environmental investigations and other related analysis. This individual is also responsible for monitoring the progression of funded projects and approving requisitions at varying stages of construction completion.
Experience: Four years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs,
Four years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and/or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable)
Four years of professional financial, lending and risk or construction analysis experience, such as managing financial asset and debt portfolios, examining, analyzing, and interpreting accounting, budget, or grant or real estate investment portfolio records and reports, or managing government housing projects.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Construction Management or a related field and four years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or four years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or a related field and two years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or two years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting or Loan Officer Classifications, or Financial Management specialty codes in the accounting field of work in business and industry classification, or business and industry specialty codes in the housing management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience in all phases of the Construction, Architectural, Engineering or Real Estate Development Background
- Ability to read plans and specifications, and analyze construction estimates
- Perform field monitoring and administration
- Housing Development Background a plus
- Knowledge of building and related codes
- Ability to work in a team environment
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits. Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 106 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Department of Housing and Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Kathleen Hubbard, Senior HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application. For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7418.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.