CDA Lending and Risk Analyst Senior I [C22032, C22033] **REPOST**
|Department||DHCD - Div of Dev Finance - Administration|
|Date Opened||3/10/2022 12:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/10/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29.89 - $38.95/hourly (Grade 20/Base-Step 9, with promotional growth to $48.95)|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Schrader|
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Rd Lanham, MD 20706.
This position will work out of the Headquarters Office in Prince George's County located approximately ½ mile from the New Carrollton Metro stop. A hybrid in-person/virtual placement may be available.
The Business and Commercial real estate Underwriters performs a level of work examining, analyzing, and interpreting financial and construction data that may include but is not limited to business financial statements, corporate tax returns, audited non-profit financials, profit and loss statements, construction documents such as contracts, plans, specifications, blue prints, construction budgets,feasibility studies, commercial appraisals, environmental studies, geo-technical studies, change orders, notice of completion, etc. The Business and Commercial real estate Underwriters performs financial analysis of applicants documents to determine eligibility (as applicable) for business and commercial real estate loans up to $5 million dollars.
The Underwriters should be familiar with market trends relating to mixed use properties that include several revenue streams such as retail, commercial and residential leases. Underwriters must be able to generate 20 year pro-formas and be able to calculate financial ratios.
Experience: Four years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or four years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and/or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) and four years of professional financial, lending and risk or construction analysis experience, such as managing financial asset and debt portfolios, examining, analyzing, and interpreting accounting, budget, or grant or real estate investment portfolio records and reports, or managing government housing projects.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Construction Management or a related field and four years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or four years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or a related field and two years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or two years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting or Loan Officer Classifications, or Financial Management specialty codes in the accounting field of work in business and industry classification, or business and industry specialty codes in the housing management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Department of Housing and Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to email@example.com
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Christopher Schrader, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application.
For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.