FORESTRY MANAGER II
|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||1/12/2022 2:42:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,481.00 - $84,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of Natural Resources, Forest Service Western Region is currently accepting applications for a Forestry Manager II. This position serves as the Project Manager responsible for the operations, supervision, and administration of the Washington-Frederick Forestry Project. Primary duties include the implementation and coordination of forestry related activities on private and public forest land within the assigned project area in each of the following operational areas: forest resource management, forestation, forest resource protection, and urban and community forestry. These forestry activities directly support the Departmental goal of conserving the natural resources of Maryland and protecting the Chesapeake Bay.
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in forestry from a school of forestry accredited by the Society of American Foresters.
Experience: Four years of professional forestry experience involving forest or park management, wildlife biology, forest recreation planning, forest engineering, urban and community forestry, timber harvest and marketing, forest planning or forest protection. Two years of this experience must have involved supervision of employees engaged in related forestry activities.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree approved by the State Board of Foresters for one year of the non-supervisory experience.
2. The education requirement is pursuant to the Business Occupations and Professions Article, Sections 7-206 and 7-304 of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the forestry field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2 years of training and experience in forest management plan development and implementation.
2 years of training and experience in rural and urban tree planting and coordination.
2 years of training and experience in the use of GIS.
2 years of training and experience in utilizing federal, state, and private forestry cost share programs.
2 years of Experience in urban and community forestry operations and assistance.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Position selection limited only to current Maryland Forest Service employees.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Pursuant to the Business Occupations and Professions Article, Section 7-304 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, employees with two or more years of experience as described above shall qualify for a license issued by the State Board of Foresters. Persons appointed to this classification must obtain this license before the end of their probationary period or during the first year of employment for promotional employees.
2. Employees appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification will be subject to assignment in any State forest or in any county of the State. Upon permanent appointment, the employee will be required to reside in the county or region to which they are assigned.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, are required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification will be required to obtain specific levels of fire suppression training as mandated by agency policies.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|