Park Maintenance Program Supervisor
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||1/12/2022 3:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,439.00 - $73,770.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Maryland Park Service, is currently accepting applications for a Park Maintenance Program Supervisor at Point Lookout State Park in Scotland, Maryland (St. Mary’s County). This position will be responsible for leading and directing maintenance personnel in the performance of their maintenance duties, by providing written and verbal instructions, on-site supervision and follow-up. This position also performs general maintenance within park facilities such as basic plumbing, minor electrical repairs, grounds maintenance, litter pick-up, and facility maintenance to include minor repairs and cleaning of restrooms, administrative buildings, and exhibit buildings. This position prepares specifications for contracts, procures supplies and materials, tracks and administers warranty agreements, supervises contractors and accepts projects for the Department of General Services. This position monitors park maintenance budgets for effective use, resolves maintenance problems, and recommends and review plans.
While the maintenance of park buildings and grounds is the primary function of this position, the selected candidates will also assist with day-to-day park operations, including opening and closing park facilities, assisting with park visitor needs, and helping with special events as required. The selected employees will be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays, and respond to facility emergencies after hours.
Education: Possession of a high school diploma or high school equivalence certificate.
Experience: Five years of experience in the skilled maintenance or construction trades, e.g. electrician, plumber or experience in the maintenance of a park, forest or wildlife facility.
Notes: 1. Applicants may substitute education in the field of forestry, wildlife biology or park management at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience for up to two years.
2. Applicants may substitute experience for the required High School education at the rate of one year experience for one year of education up to a maximum of four years.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in equipment, facilities, and services classification or equipment, facilities, and services specialty codes in the equipment, facilities, and services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates should 2 years experience multi-tasking and working independently
Candidates should 2 years experience in small equipment repair and basic vehicle maintenance
Candidates should be able to use a computer to fill out forms, complete reports and utilize electronic e-mail
Candidates should be able to operate tractors and heavy machinery
Candidates should 2 years experience leading work crews or volunteer groups in project completion through verbal and written communications
Candidates should 2 years experience estimating staff requirements and resource needs, procuring equipment and supplies, and completing other project management tasks
Candidates should 2 years experience supervising, scheduling and evaluating work crews or volunteer groupsCandidates should 2 years of some operational experience in parks in the event of emergency or facility breakdown
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
2. Upon permanent appointment the employee may be required to reside in the county, region, or park to which they are assigned.
3. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require a valid operator license for heavy equipment, such as bulldozers, back-hoes, payloaders or tractors.
4. Persons appointed to these positions may be required to have their current private residence telephone number listed in the agency’s telephone directory or on file with Forest, Park and Wildlife Communications Center in case of emergencies.
5. The employee may be required to attend training and be certified as a water plant operator.
6. Employees in this classification may be required to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds or more.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|