Park Technician II
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||8/3/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/17/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$18.19 - $28.69/hour|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in the skilled maintenance or construction trades, e.g. Electrician, Plumber or experience in the maintenance of a park, forest or wildlife facility.
1. Candidates may substitute education in the field of forestry, wildlife biology or park management at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours for each year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional experience at the rate of one year of experience for one year of education up to four years of the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in equipment, facilities, and services classification or equipment, facilities, and services specialty codes in the equipment, facilities, and services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional, field-level experience working in a park setting.
- Experience conducting trail maintenance, construction, and design assignments.
- Experience operating heavy equipment, utility vehicles, and power tools.
- Experience in leading and coaching employees through their daily assignments.
- Experience in working with and directing volunteers.
- Possession of the MPS Basic Chainsaw Certification, or an acceptable equivalent from the National Park Service, US Forest Service, or Maryland Forest Service.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the candidates to be examined by a Physician. After an offer of employment, candidates for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
2. Upon permanent appointment, employees in this classification may be required to reside in the county, region, or park to which they are assigned.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require a valid operator license for heavy equipment, such as bulldozers, back-hoes, payloaders or tractors.
4. Employees in this classification may be required to provide a telephone number listed in the agency’s telephone directory or on file with Forest, Park and Wildlife Communications Center in case of emergencies.
5. Employees in this classification may be required to attend training and be certified as a water plant operator.
6. Employees in this classification may be required to lift objects weighing up to 40 or more pounds.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|