PARK TECHNICIAN TRAINEE
3 Positions Available
|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||1/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/4/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,286.00 - $37,569.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which may require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
2. Upon permanent appointment the employee may be required to reside in the county, region, or park to which they are assigned.
3. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require a valid operator license for heavy equipment, such as bulldozers, back-hoes, payloaders or tractors.
4. Persons appointed to these positions are subject to call-in on a 24-hour a day basis and will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number listed in the agency’s telephone directory or on file with Forest, Park and Wildlife Communication Centers in case of emergencies.
5. The employee may be required to attend training and be certified as a water plant operator.
6. Employees in this classification may be required to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds or more.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.