TREASURY SPECIALIST III
Personnel & Administration
|Date Opened||7/12/2022 09:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/22/2022 6:51:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,709.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Michele Reid|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- assist with coordination and execution of position specific recruitments for the agency
- assist managers with composing position descriptions in various agency divisions
- review position descriptions for class accuracy
- calculate compensation based on salary guidelines and rules; prepare fiscal impact statements
- coordinate agency performance evaluation schedules to ensure compliance
- process personnel transactions in Workday
- process agency FMLA requests
- coordinate health benefits for new and existing staff
- work with agency payroll staff regarding personnel transactions, leave keeping and timekeeping issues
- track financial disclosure filing for agency
- purchase supplies for agency via CPC Program
- prepare various reports for HR and Operations
- perform special projects for HR and Operations
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university including or supplemented by at least 18 credit hours in accounting, business administration or equivalent business subjects.
Experience: Three years of employment in responsible public administration, business administration, and/or accounting or auditing.
OR Education: Graduation from a standard high school, including or supplemented by 18 credited hours in business administration, accounting, or equivalent business subjects.
Experience: Seven years of experience as defined above.
1. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in financial administration and program classification or financial administration specialty codes in the accounting and budget group field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Two of the required years of experience must be in professional HR experience involving analysis and application of State Personnel laws, regulations and guidelines.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with recruitments using JobAps
- Experience with classification and compensation
- Experience with the State's Performance Evaluation Program
- Experience with creating and preparing management level reports
- Experience with State timekeeping and leave keeping rules
- Experience as State Agency Benefits Coordinator
- Experience as State Retirement Coordinator
- Experience with State Financial Disclosure Program
- Experience with employee relations
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
EXAMINATION: The examination may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
This is a full-time, permanent position with the State of Maryland, and is eligible for full State benefits. Some of these benefits include:
· Comprehensive, subsidized health, dental and prescription plans
· Flexible Spending Account plans for Health Care and Daycare
· Paid holidays 12-13 per year
· Generous paid leave package (annual, sick, personal and compensatory leave)
· State Pension ("defined benefit" plan)
· Tax-deferred supplemental retirement savings plans (401(k) and 457)
· Free parking
To learn more, click here:
Applicants should submit a resume with their application. All candidates will be subject to a background investigation to include credit, criminal, and driving history.
Electronic application is strongly preferred; however, if you do not have access to a computer, you may send a copy of your resume to the State Treasurer's Office, Human Resources, 80 Calvert Street, Room 109, Annapolis MD 21401, or fax to 410-260-4090.
Any questions regarding this recruitment or the recruitment process may be directed to the STO Personnel Office at 410-260-7078.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay