POLICE COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR I
|Department||MSP - Field Operations Bureau|
|Date Opened||5/13/2022 2:48:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,560.00 - $56,949.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Divita Washington|
It is important that all experience be fully documented. Failure to ANSWER ALL SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS SPECIFICALLY AND ACCURATELY may cause the candidate to be rejected.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY.
Ø The application is part of the examination process. Your answers will determine your eligibility to participate in the next phase of the selection process.
Ø Clearly describe your qualifications in detail. Credit cannot be given for education, training, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities that you fail to indicate.
Ø Do not leave any answer spaces blank; if a question does not apply, write "N/A".
Ø Although you may attach a resume to further describe your qualification, it does not substitute for completing the application form. An incomplete application form may result in disqualification. Do NOT write "see resume" in your work history or responses to supplemental questions.
Ø Failure to comply with these instructions may result in disqualification.
Ø Read the Job Announcement carefully for specific filing instructions, supplemental questions, and final filing dates.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The main purpose of the Police Communications Operator is to facilitate officer safety by monitoring police radio transmissions and utilizing all communications equipment towards that end at the entry level performance.
1. Monitor and communicate with MSP and other public safety personnel via two-way multi-channel radios and maintain required documentation of same.
2. Utilize METERS/NCIC/NLETS to obtain, update, disseminate and accurately transmit information within the Department and to other law enforcement and criminal justice agencies.
3. Utilize telephones in a professional manner to provide necessary guidance and information to Departmental personnel and the general public.
4. File and maintain METERS/NLETS messages, and various required logs associated with the communications center operations.
5. Interact with Department personnel, allied agencies and the general public.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Operations Specialist classifications or Signal Corps, Cyberspace Support, or Communications specialty codes in the communications field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. One year of dispatching experience in a 911 (police/emergency) services environment utilizing a CAD (computer aided dispatch) system.
2. One year of experience in a multi-faceted work environment using data entry keyboard functions and a multi-line telephone system.
3. A combination of one year of emergency dispatch training, education and/or experience.
1. Applicants for this classification may be subject to an extensive background investigation prior to appointment.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to provide a telephone number at which they can be reached.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police - Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, Maryland 21208
ATTN: Divita Washington
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.