DJS Superintendent II (Repost)
|Department||DJS Garrett Youth Center|
|Date Opened||4/26/2022 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$66,516.00 - $108,929.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The position provides assistance and information to senior management from time to time. This includes assisting the Executive Director of Residential Services in streamlining all residential processes, projects, initiative roll-outs, and training to ensure consistency, preparedness, and effective residential services for our children and families. To be successful in this position, you must be able to develop, implement and maintain program initiatives aligned with the department's mission. You must have the ability to think critically, solve problems and execute good decision-making skills.
- Working to help youth to achieve progress in learning and applying methods to identify and manage reactions to stress and trauma and react in more socially appropriate ways;
- Using appropriate intervention methods in response to behavioral issues which seek to aid in learning and correcting behavior;
- Maintaining a consistent effort to ensure safe environments and employ security measures appropriately;
- Interacting and engaging with youth in ways that both maintain appropriate structure and demonstrate understanding of brain development in youth and complex trauma; and,
- Maintaining healthy relationships and boundaries with youth and consistently recognize youth progress
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.