DJS RESIDENTIAL GROUP LIFE MANAGER I
Backbone Mountain Youth Center
|Department||DJS Backbone Youth Center|
|Date Opened||10/3/2022 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/24/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,992.00 - $88,315.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Heather Roach|
LOCATION OF POSITION
124 Camp 4 Road
Swanton, MD 21562
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
1. The education and certification requirements are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university or sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university, including 15 hours in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Correctional Officer classifications or Correctional Officer specialty codes in the Miscellaneous Occupations field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1.Candidates who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course for DJS staff required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate within 365 days of initial appointment or placement in this classification according to Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.03. Employees are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers may be required to complete a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
Online applications are strongly preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or email your application, you must include on each page of the attached, your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. The paper application must be received by 5:00 p.m. close of business on the closing date for this Recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
1 James Day Drive
Cumberland, MD 21502
Attention: Heather Roach, Recruitment Unit
Recruitment # 22-002610-0010
Fax #: 301-722-1642
Should additional information regarding the Recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, include the Recruitment Title and Number that is located at the top of the bulletin. The resulting certified eligible list for this Recruitment may be used for similar positions in this other State of Maryland agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the States diversity.
We thank you Veterans for their service to our Country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.