NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER III *REPOST*
|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||1/24/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/3/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,360.00 - $78,741.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in an environmental science or natural resources planning, management or development.
Experience: Three years of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science.
Notes: 1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, biological sciences and one year of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science may be substituted for the required education.
2. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources planning, management, administration, development, environmental, urban or regional planning; resources economics or development; environmental system management; water or land resources planning and management; environmental landscape architecture; or the physical, biological, chemical or environmental sciences maybe substituted for up to three years of the required experience.3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the general natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or general natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the general natural resources management and biological sciences field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Forestry from a school accredited by the Society of American Foresters is preferred.
- One year of experience in silviculture, forest management, forest harvest operations management, or forest planning.
- Experience with forestry and/or urban forestry work.
- Experience with county ordinances and/or state laws and permitting processes.
- Experience organizing tree plantings.