Natural Resource Technician I
|Department||DNR - Fisheries Service|
|Date Opened||1/4/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/18/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
- (10 month contract) March 15, 2022 – January 15, 2022)
- (5 month contract) May 25, 2022-November 8, 2022)
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Assisting biologists in electro-fishing, gill netting and seine surveys
- Processing and aging shad scales
- Mounting and interpretation of shad otoliths
- Data entry
- Equipment and vehicle maintenance
- Processing ichthyoplankton samples in the lab
- Assist with field sampling conducted from boats and on shore during summer field seasons
- Collect water quality data and assist with office duties.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|