Interpretation and Naturalist Assistant
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||1/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$15.00 to $20.00/ hr.|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong graphic design skills with demonstrated proficiency in utilizing programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher, Canva, and Adobe InDesign to create flyers, brochures, presentations or website content to inform and attract attention to programs or events.
- Strong writing and research compilation skills
- Ability to perform routine research and prepare summary and a recommendation with a minimum of direct supervision;
- Excellent organizational skills including data management using spreadsheets (e.g., tracking program attendance) and information management on shared Google drives.
- Preference for any of the following or similar, related certifications: NAI Certified Interpretive Guide, Maryland Environmental Education Certification and/or Master Naturalist or Master Gardener Certification.
- Four-year degree in a natural resource-related field, recreation and parks, public relations or education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|