PARK SERVICES ASSOCIATE I
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||6/8/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,166.00 - $64,782.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Five years of experience, one year of experience in forest or park management, recreation, or natural resources management, or preparing, developing or delivering programs that interpret natural, historical, cultural or recreational features and an additional four years of experience in park management, recreation or a natural or cultural resources related field.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the field of park operations, recreation, education, business administration, forestry, social sciences, history or a natural resources or history related field and one year of experience in forest or park management, recreation, or natural resources management, or preparing, developing or delivering programs that interpret natural, historical, cultural or recreational features for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of park management, recreation, education, business administration, forestry, social sciences or a natural resources related field for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in management and program clerical and assistance classification or management and program clerical and assistance specialty codes in the general, administrative, clerical, and office services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in State Park operations
- Experience working in a National, County or City Park
- Experience in park or grounds maintenance, volunteer management or interpretation
- Experience in live animal care/handling
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.