REVENUE SPECIALIST II
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||11/28/2022 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/22/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,709.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carole Feldkamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Would you like to work in Greenbelt? A suburb of Washington, D.C. Located in Prince George’s County, five minutes away from a bustling mall with plenty of shopping and food places, ten minutes away from the University of Maryland. Accessible by Metro and bus. Directly across the street from Greenbelt Park with plenty of hiking trails.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate, including or supplemented by a course in bookkeeping or accounting.
Experience: Four years of experience performing work in tax assessments, collections, investigations, examinations, adjustments or taxpayer services within two or more of the specialized fields of revenue administration or performing work in tax assessments, collections, investigations, examinations, adjustments or taxpayer services within the motor fuel/motor carrier tax field. The specialized fields may include sales and use tax, income tax, admissions and amusement tax, withholding tax, alcohol and tobacco tax, and any other revenue levy authorized by the legislature.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree, with twelve credit hours in accounting or auditing, from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in finance technician classification or finance technician specialty codes in the financial clerical and technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior supervisory/management experience.
- Customer Service Experience.
- Organizational skills.
- Experience with personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge and experience in Maryland tax laws and forms.
- Knowledge and experience in federal tax laws and forms.
- Good communication skills (speaking & writing).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
1. First and Last Name
2. Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
3. The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or .
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.