ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||5/9/2022 4:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,560.00 - $45,640.00/year (With potential growth to $56,949.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
This position is NOT eligible for telework.
- Supports duties of the Program Administrator’s efforts and projects in a timely and prioritized manner; duties may include, but are not limited to, professional correspondence to staff, community agencies/partners, and community health care providers, policy updates, standing order updates for clinical staff, and co-attendance at meetings to document meeting notes and facilitate action items;
- Provides assistance to Program Administrator and staff with administrative and technical support for School Health programs, which includes preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual statistical reports, development and management of databases, and topic research, ordering and purchasing supplies;
- Analyzes data to identify trends for Program planning, evaluation, and quality improvement;
- Formulates clear, concise, and timely Program performance measures, quality improvement measures, and budgetary reports in electronic formats, in collaboration with the Program Administrator;
- Acts as the Accounts Payable Liaison (APL) to provide assistance to the Program Administrator, and Program and fiscal staffs for timely and accurate: billing and reimbursement, orders, invoices, budgets or portions thereof; having basic knowledge of budget terminology, processing procedures in the agency, and fiscal reporting required for School Health Programs grants/funding;
- Trains and oversees the work of the Office Services Clerk;
- Communicates professionally with Program Administrator and staff, HCHD co-workers, MDH staff, community partners and the public;
- Complies with HCHD/MDH attendance and leave policies;
- Engages in professional development and training opportunities as available and with Supervisor approval;
- Accepts responsibility for special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Participates in Emergency Preparedness trainings, exercises or actual emergencies.
Experience: Three years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university and one year of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.