OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||DJS Community Operations Region 1|
|Date Opened||5/11/2022 1:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/25/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,480.00 - $53,467.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tabitha Andrews|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. At least one year experience performing secretarial duties for a senior level administrator or executive level staff.
2. At least one year experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
3. Experience coordinating and planning meetings and events.
4. Strong written and oral communication skills.
5. Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
6. Strong time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated ability to accurately type on a keyboard of a personal computer at a minimum of forty words per minute may be required, depending on the specific requirements of the position.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. You must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. You must possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job. Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process.
Resumes may not be submitted in lieu of completing the employment application.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education.
Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED OR BEST QUALIFIED. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
Utilizing the online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply online you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
203 River Street
Snow Hill, MD 21863
Attn: Tabitha Andrews
Fax number 410-632-1527
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.