HCD COMMUNITY PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR I [C21009, C21056]
Two Project Managers
|Department||DHCD - Div of Neighborhood Revitalization|
|Date Opened||2/25/2022 12:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/25/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24.68 - $32.04/hourly (Grade 17/base - step 9, with promotional growth to $40.30/hr)|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Schrader|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Position 1: The CDBG/Maryland Affordable Housing Trust Position will operate primarily out of the Department’s office in Lanham and help manage federal and state community development programs.
Position 2: The State Revitalization Programs-Sustainable Communities Position will operate primarily out of the Department’s office in Baltimore City and help manage the Sustainable Communities designation process.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of administrative or professional experience to include one year of financing experience or providing technical assistance for development or rehabilitation of multifamily or single family housing; neighborhood revitalization and business development; community infrastructure development; or historic preservation programs.
1. Candidates may substitute additional administrative or professional experience as defined above on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional job-related education at a rate of thirty credit hours for each year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in business and industry classification or business and industry specialty codes in the housing management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of grant administration experience with government and/or nonprofit organizations.
- One year of experience in the area of community planning or community development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and demonstrated competence with database management as well as written and verbal communications.
- Experience using GIS/mapping software and the ability to use mapping tools to present best practices and program success using mapping tools.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
- Attn: Christopher Schrader, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment