NATURAL RESOURCES BIOLOGIST IV
|Department||DNR - Resource Assessment - Tidewater|
|Date Opened||7/1/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/15/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,481.00 - $84,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Four years of professional experience conducting research and analysis in the fields of biology, biochemistry, environmental science, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management or zoology and five years of experience in performing professional biological work in the field of natural resources management.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in biology, environmental aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology or physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study from an accredited college or university and five years of experience in performing professional biological work in the field of natural resources management for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate education beyond a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a natural resources related field of study as described above at the rate of 15 graduate credit hours for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the wildlife biology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with field sampling, adhering to sampling protocols to accurately record data and overcoming sampling obstacles to complete sampling tasks
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing water quality instruments, telemetry units, meteorological instruments, and automated samplers
- Experience with data review (QA/QC procedures), including metadata reporting and supervision of subordinate employee data submittals
- Experience with writing and updating Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience operating a small research vessel (approx. 20ft in length) and possession of MD Safe Boating License or equivalent