RETIREMENT BENEFITS SPECIALIST ADVANCED/LEAD
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||5/12/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/26/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,481.00 - $84,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
LOCATION OF POSITION
An Advanced RBS must be able to provide his/her own transportation if a State car is not available. Reimbursement follows the state mileage and/or expense policy. There is no reimbursement for a rental car. The ability and willingness to travel to locations throughout the entire State of Maryland is required, including instances of overnight stays.
In all of these roles, the RBS Advanced is expected to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, expert level knowledge of the laws, regulations, policies, and procedures guiding the provision of pension benefits to customers, and clear communication skills. The RBS Advanced must be adept at listening to the customers and identifying their needs, applying their knowledge of the System to analyze how to best address those needs, and clearly and concisely communicating information back to the customers to ensure that they understand their pension benefits and understand what options they may have to resolve their questions/issues, and what steps they need to take to help in the resolution of their questions/issues.
Experience: Seven years of experience counseling employees or responding to inquiries in a call center relative to pension benefits and options available under a State, federal or local retirement and pension system.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience counseling employees or responding to inquiries in a call center relative to pension benefits and options available under a State, federal or local retirement and pension system for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Maryland Retirement Coordinator certification issued by the Maryland State Retirement Agency, 120 E. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21202, for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration or Public Administration from an accredited college or university for five years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Financial Management classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting and Budget field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties shall be required to possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain a Notary Public commission valid in the State of Maryland.